Measures the distance between two points, the cumulative length between additional points, or the length of entire objects (perimeter).
- Select two points to define the distance you want to measure.
The distance and deltas in X and Y are listed in the Measurement Info Palette.
- If needed, continue selecting points. The outline of selected segments is indicated by a thick line.
The first listed measurement is the total length of segments. The second group of measurements relate to the first and last points - in this case, Point 1 and Point 3. The last group applies to the last segment only (Point 2 to Point 3).
- Continue selecting points, in order, to determine the perimeter of the object.
Note: If you want to obtain the measurements of curved objects, you need to use the local menu options.
Local menu options:
By Entity: Enables you to select two or more objects to determine their total length.
- Select the first object.
- Select the second object. The total length is calculated based on the shortest line connecting the two endpoints.
Note: When selecting objects, be sure to click close to the desired start point. If you select close to the wrong end, you may obtain an incorrect measurement.
- Select additional objects if needed. The total distance, deltas between the first and last points, and data for the last segment are listed in the Measurement Info Palette.
Single Entity: Measures the distance of a single object.
- Select the desired object.
The total distance and data deltas between the first and last points are listed in the Measurement Info Palette.
- If you select another object, the data from the first object disappears, and is replaced by that for the new object.