Creates an arc tangent to three objects (rectangles, polygons, arcs, etc.)
- Select the first tangent object.
- Select the second tangent object.
- Select the third tangent object.
The tangent circle is created. The arc will be cut from this circle.
- A dotted line appears from the centerpoint. Move the cursor to set the arc start angle, or enter the angle in the Inspector Bar.
- Move the cursor counterclockwise to draw the arc, or enter the end angle or arc length in the Inspector Bar.
Local menu option:
*Thro ugh point:* Makes the tangent circle pass through a specific point. In the example below, the line endpoint was selected, rather than the line itself.
Tangent Arc of Fixed Size
By default, Tangent to Entities creates a circle that touches three objects, and the arc is cut from this circle. To fix the size of the circle, enter the radius, diameter, or circumference in the Inspector Bar and lock it, but do not press Enter. When you move the cursor, the circle size remains constant.
Select the second tangent object, close to the point of tangency.
The fixed-sized tangent circle is created.